Thursday, May 9, 2013

Uncorkd't Art in Georgetown, DC

Hello All,


Carpe diem! According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary this is the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future. While I don't always follow this philosophy sometimes, I just get the urge to. I am a very spontaneous person, I like trying out new places and doing different things. This leads me into my another DMV adventure.
 One of my best friends came down to MD to visit me for her birthday. Before coming, she asked me what we could do to celebrate her birthday, and so I began thinking. I am an avid user of Groupons, and had recently seen a deal to go to an art class that served a complimentary glass of wine. I thought, that was a great idea, and a great place to hangout, do something different and fun for her birthday. So, we got the Groupon and hoped for the best. The place that we took our little venture too was called Uncorkd't Art.
 
Uncorkd't Art is an art venue where you can come and have a 2 hour paint session with friends, family, or people that you may just meet there. It has been voted Best Art Class by the Washington City Paper. It is located right in the heart of Georgetown not to far from the waterfront. I drove there which was a terrible, terrible, horrible mistake! I will never a day in my life ever drive down to Georgetown ever again. I'm still traumatized just thinking about how long it took me to get out of Georgetown that weekend. With that said, I would advise you to  take the nearest metro to Georgetown and just walk to the class from there.
 
 
The class was nice, we were provided with our canvas, our paints, and paintbrushes. The staff as well as the teacher were very nice, friendly and willing to help when needed. I felt like a kindergartener because my painting skills are HORRIBLE, but the instructor found it in her heart to help me. She actually made my painting look like something instead of a murder scene of blues, greens, and yellow paint. OH!!! Did I mention how good the WINE was?!!! It was amazing, I had the moscato and it was the best I've ever tasted...no seriously! I would advise anyone to check out this amazing art class, another hidden DMV treasure. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Here are some pictures from my trip!

Me, my wine, and my finished product!

The beginning!







Supposed to be a peacock, looks more like an angry bird lol




Me and my horrible painting skills!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like an interesting experience. My painting skills are horrible so my painting would have been a mess lol. Also, check out living social for discounts on events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taryn, girl no my painting skills are super horrible! But it was a very fun experience! We should go together one weekend! Thanks for the support once again bestie!

      Delete